Writer and maker. Favoured raw materials are words, food, paint and flowers.
Lover of interesting breakfasts, beautiful things, naps, floral patterns and the sea.
Favourite authors: Dickens, Murakami, García Márquez, Rohmer, Austen, Hardy, Du Maurier, Steinbeck, Greene, Aaronovitch.
Favourite poets: Auden, O’Hara, Keats, Carlos Williams, Bonney, Normal, Clanchy, Pratt, Bilston, Robinson, McCullough, Szirtes and a million more.
- Recent bylines for Dalesman, Yorkshire Life, On: Yorkshire magazine, Northern Soul magazine.
- Arts Council England funded for The Dark Store, a radio ballad highlighting hidden labour written with composer Sarah Dew, installed at South Square Arts Centre, West Yorkshire June – end Aug. 2022.
- Commissioned poet for BBC Radio York’s Make a Difference campaign –
- South Cliff Garden’s Restoration Project, Scarborough
- BBC Radio York’s new Saturday Poet Laureate (April 2022)
Poetry published/ forthcoming in Dream Catcher, Pendemic, Ice Floe Press, The Tide Rises, Greenteeth’s Yorkshire anthology, Cold Moon Journal, Poetry & Covid, The Daily Drunk, Nymphs and Thugs, Neuro Logical, One Hand Clapping, Poetry Pea Journal, Fevers of the Mind, Not4UCollective’s Poems from Home, Cape, Ice Floe Press’ Pandemic Love Anthology and Black Bough Poetry‘s Christmas and winter anthology 2021. Commended in Dreich’s Black Box Poetry Competition.
Winner, Dreich’s pamphlet competition: How To Be A Dressing Gown
Hosted Black Bough’s Top Tweet Tuesday. Guest on Eat The Storms.
Guest poet for Messrs AP & Pickering’s Spoken Word Evening.
Tweets at @charlotteolivr